Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

As some of you might recall, this time last year I was blathering about cubic zirconias and fried chicken, as I'm wont to do throughout the year but particularly on our most romantic holidays (Valentine's Day, Koninginnedag, Polish Independence Day; you know, all the usual suspects). This year I'll be blathering alarmingly gooey "No, I love you more" stuff to the woman who has kept me away from this blog for months and months -- an act of charity toward the Internet that reportedly has her in the running for a Nobel Peace Prize -- but I wanted to dust off the old keyboard long enough to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day. And a special Happy Valentine's Day to the mysterious Ms. Aarons (if that is your real name): You set my heart ablaze like Connie Stevens' flaming baby "brother" in "Susan Slade," dear, and I love you madly.

Pssst: That plastic baby? A better, more emotive actor than Troy Donahue.

(Told you I'd find a way to post that screencap!)

(P.S. No babies were harmed in the making of "Susan Slade," only Connie Stevens' and Dorothy McGuire's dignity.)

And Now a Word from Our Sponsors